Depth and Liberation Psychologies
Depth Psychological Community and Ecological Fieldwork & Research
Imaginal Psychology/Archetypal Psychology
Depth and Liberation Psychologies
- Watkins, M. (2012). Notes from a Visit to Several Zapatista Communities: Toward Practices of Nomadic Identity and Hybridity. Psychological Studies. 57 (1), 1-8.
- Watkins, M. (2012). Shipwreck and Revolution: The Occupy Movement from the Perspective of James Hillman's Work. In J. Shapiro, R. Partridge (Eds.), Occupy psyche: Jungian and archetypal perspectives on a movement. (pp. 37-45). Philadelphia, PA: Techné and Poiésis.
- Watkins, M. (2012). Revolutionary Leadership: From Paulo Freire to the Occupy Movement, Journal for Social Action in Counseling and Psychology, 4, 2.
- Watkins, M. & Ciofalo, N. (2011). Creating and Sharing Critical Community Psychology Curriculum for the 21st Century. Global Journal of Community Psychology Practice, 2(2), 9-18.
- Watkins, M. (2006). Sketches for the "recovery of night vision": Re-Orienting depth psychology to engage the inconvenient truths of the 21st century. (unpublished)
- Lorenz, H. & Watkins, M. (2003). Depth psychology and colonialism: Individuation, seeing-through, and liberation: Quadrant, 33, 11–32.
- Watkins, M. (2003). Toward splendid cities. (unpublished)
- Lorenz, H. & Watkins, M. (2002). Depth psychology and colonialism: Individuation, Seeing-through, and liberation. In D. Slattery & L. Corbett (Eds), Psychology at the threshold. Carpinteria, CA: Pacifica Graduate Institute Publications.
- Lorenz, H. & Watkins, M. (2001). Silenced knowings, forgotten springs: Paths to healing in the wake of colonialism. Radical Psychology: A Journal of Psychology, Politics, and Radicalism,2,2 (online journal).Also see illustrated online version at http://www.mythinglinks.org/LorenzWatkins2A.html.
- Watkins, M. (2002). Waking up: Depth Psychology and Terrorism, Psychological Perspectives, 44, 14-24.
- Watkins, M.(2002). Notes from a visit to Chiapas: Toward Practices of Nomadic identity and hybridity. (unpublished)
- Watkins, M. (2000). Seeding liberation: A dialogue between depth psychology and liberation psychology. In D. Slattery & L. Corbett (Eds), Depth psychology: Meditations in the field (pp. 204-225). Einsiedeln, SW: Daimon Verlag.
- Watkins, M. (2000). Depth psychology and the liberation of being. In R. Brooke (Ed.), Pathways into the Jungian world (pp. 217-233). London: Routledge.
- Watkins, M. (1998). Foreword to Richard Frankel's The adolescent psyche: Jungian and Winnicottian Perspectives (pp. xi-xiii). London: Routledge.
- Watkins, M. (1997). The practice of liberation, Pacifica Newsletter.
- Watkins, M. (1992). Perestroika of the self: Dreaming in the U.S.S.R. Dreaming, 2, 2, 111-122.
- Watkins, M. (1992). From individualism to interdependence: Changing paradigms in psychotherapy. Psychological Perspectives, 27, 52–69.
- Watkins, M. (1990). Mother and child: Some teachings of desire. In P. Berry Hillman (Ed.), Mothers and fathers (pp. 120-135). Dallas: Spring Publications.
- Watkins, M. (1988). "Imagination and peace: On the inner dynamics of promoting peace activism, Journal of Social Issues, 44, 2, 39-58.
- Watkins, M. (1985). Moral Imagination and peace activism: Discerning the inner voices." Psychological Perspectives, 16, 1, 77-93.
- Watkins, M. (1984). "In dreams begin responsibilities": Moral imagination and peace action. In E. Mc Coneghey & J. Mc Connell (Eds.), Nuclear Reactions. Albuquerque: Image Seminars.
- Watkins, M. (1984). Thinking about the future in a nuclear world. In E. Mc Coneghey & J. Mc Connell (Eds.), Nuclear Reactions. Albuquerque: Image Seminars.
- Watkins, M. (2009). Restorative Practices in Small Group and Individual Work. In G. Nelson & I. Prelliltensky (Eds.), Community psychology, 2nd edition (pp. 219-236). NY: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Watkins, M. (2005). Restorative practices in small group and individual work. In G. Nelson and I. Prelliltensky (Eds.), Community psychology edition. NY: Palgrave Macmillan.